lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shaghayegh Sahebie <shaghayegh_sahe...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Documents which has Attachments and are Refered many times!!
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 05:48:30 GMT
thanks Jason and Steve;
maybe i didn't understand your solution well, but in this system a document is refered many
times (we have a refer description wich we should index it also) and each time a document
is refered i should update it in the lucene index and so i should delete it and then index
it again. and it means deleting and indexing this document many times. i think indexing is
time consuming.
and as another question can lucene have different value for one of it's fields? 'cause i refer
a doc many time and i need many refer fields(but i don't know how many) in one documents fields.
and i can not e.g. concat all the refers in one feld 'cause i may have other constraints on
a refer and doument also (e.g. give me the documents which they have word "foo" in their refers
and the refer of them which has this wordis on "yyyy/mm/dd" date. if i concat the refers i
may find a refer which has the word in it but another refer of this document is on the given
date. i mean i should know which refer is on which date and also other fields of a refer other
than date. the same is true for attachments) on the date of a refer an

i think the main problem i got is that lucene can not handle joins and i think i need joins.

regards
--Shaghayegh

Steven Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote: As Jason says, you can structure each Lucene document
with one Field per
content type, and index all data that way.  The database is not required.

To address your search complexity concern, you can create queries that
search only those Field(s) the user wants -- there is no need to have a
Field for each possible combination of content type.

Steve