lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Staveley (Tom)" <rstave...@seseit.com>
Subject RE: Indexing existing email archives
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:37:20 GMT
> I have to have this working in next couple of days.

I had a similar requirement and it look me several weeks to get something
working. I think you'll need to make use of as much off the shelf software
as you can, given your timescale.

If you don't want to get your hands dirty with Lucene and like Tropo, why
not convert your local storage to mbox/maildir/mbx if it is not already in
the appropriate format and light up imapd while you index? e.g. If your
local format is PST (i.e. Outlook), take a look at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Outlook-to-Unix-Mailbox/