lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shaghayegh Sahebie <shaghayegh_sahe...@yahoo.com>
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 08:12:30 GMT
Hi all;
We have got a Document management system and we want to build a search on it. We have tree
kind of content in our system: Refers, Documents and Attachments. A document can have multiple
attachments and can be Refered to many users.
Our users want to be able to search on documents attachments and refers. for example they
want to search the Documents which are created at "2006/07/06" date and have the word "Lucene"
in it or their Refers and are Refered to Mr.x.
Our users want to be ale to search in all 8 possible selections of Document, Refer and Attachment,
I mean they want to be able to search just in Refers, in both Refers and Documents, ...
How can we handle it?
I thaught to store diferent kinds of Docs in a DB, search in the DB at first and search in
Lucene based on DB results and phrases given to search (Handling Document, Refer or Attachments
parts in a DB search). But the DB results maybe so big and i don't know if a Lucene query
can have these much of search Terms.
Another way is to Index each document, refer and attachment in the index 8 times(all the possible
selections of Refer, Document and Attachment) but this way has lots of redundancy even more
than 8 times! 'cause each Document is indexed "8 * Refer number of Document" times.
I really don't know what to do, Any suggestions Please?

Thanks in advance