lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: search document for keywords and keyphrases
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:39:19 GMT
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 01:22:26PM +0200, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> Sure you can do this.
> You index your document with the keywords assigned to the document and
> search with and Boolean Query to get all document having the keyword
> 1,2,...n-1,n. Just be aware that there are limitations to boolean
> queries in lucene. see setMaxClauseCount(). which can be very memory
> consuming.

Well, I don't understand whet do you mean "index your document with the
keywords assigned to the document". Thre is no keywords assigned to a
document. I was thinking in his way - may, is it possible to index the
database of keywords, and use entire document as search phrase?

Sould that find single words as well a phrases?

For example, if document contains a phrase

some things happens there

and there are entries in keywords database

some things
happens here
some things happens here

I will need to get all of these entries.

> But I guess you will search for a small amounts of
> keywords, do you?

This database could be VERY large, several millions of records.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky