lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: search document for keywords and keyphrases
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:09:10 GMT
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:11:31PM +1000, Jason Polites wrote:
> Yes you could use lucene for this, but it may be overkill for your
> requirement.  If I understand you correctly, all you need to is find
> documents which match "any" of the words in your list?  Do you need to rank
> the results?   If not, it's probably easier just to create your own inverted
> index of the documents you need to search.  If you actually need to rank
> results, then lucene is probably easier as it does this for you.

No. I do have a single document. I need to know does this document contains
ANY of keywords listed in that database. Keyword may be single word or several
words separated by spaces.

As a result I need to get list of keywords from that database, which keywords
exist in the document.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky