lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject search document for keywords and keyphrases
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:35:12 GMT
Hello!

I have an assigment, which will require to search documents for keywords or
keyphrases.

For instance, I have a database of keywords/keyphrases, which might contain
several millions items. Now I need to find if document contains any of the
keywords/phrases listed in that database.

I was thinking on implementing finite-state machine, and use b-trees, so I
will iterate document char by char and go down the tree unless I find some
word or phrase which matches character sequence.

I think Lucene is doing in the same way when performs searching, so may be I
can use Lucene?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky