lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mathias Herberts" <mathias.herbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception raised when searching with sorting on an empty index.
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:52:06 GMT
Hi,

I have an instance of MultiSearcher searching two indices, one based
on an FSDirectory, and another one based on a RAMDirectory. The file
based index is static, i.e. no changes are made to it. The RAM based
index is used to add documents.

When starting up, the RAM based index is empty. If I attempt to do a
search for a Term on the MultiSearcher it returns the results from the
file index.

When doing a search with sorting on a field (ts) on the MultiSearcher
with an empty RAM based index, an exception is thrown saying:

no terms in field ts - cannot determine sort type

Unless I'm misunderstanding something it appears to me this is a bug.

I am using Lucene 2.0.0 with JDK 1.4 on Mac OS X 10.4

Did anybody else notice this problem?

Mathias.