lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bhavin Pandya" <bhav...@rediff.co.in>
Subject Re: read past EOF
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:56:58 GMT
Hi Mike,

Here is the full stack trace of error which I got at search time....

java.io.IOException: read past EOF
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.readInternal FSDirectory.java:451)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readBytes(BufferedIndexInput.java:45)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSIndexInput.readInternal(CompoundFileReader.java:219)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.refill(BufferedIndexInput.java:64)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.BufferedIndexInput.readByte(BufferedIndexInput.java:33)
at org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput.readInt(IndexInput.java:46)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.(SegmentTermEnum.java:47)
at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.(TermInfosReader.java:48)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:147)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:129)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.get(SegmentReader.java:110)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:154)
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.(IndexSearcher.java:42)

same kind of exception i am getting while i am trying to optimize my
index..but at that time Its throwing from IndexWriter ...

My guess is ..."One of my index is got corrupted so whenever I am trying to
search the index or optimize the index or merging the multiple index ...It
will throws same exception but from different class...sometime from
IndexReader or sometime from IndexWriter depends on how it is being called"

I am storing my index on local file system only ..on unix machine.

Here is in short what i am doing actually...

I have a index which is updated every 15min... using lucene 1.9 and jdk1.4..
. on unix machine....
once the index gets done I am moving index folder to "searchable-index"
folder...so searchable index is completely saparate from actual index.
Its not multi-threaded application...so I am sure only one thread at a time
accessing the index...

Thanks.
Bhavin