lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Bhavin Pandya" <bhav...@rediff.co.in>
Subject Re: read past EOF
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 05:37:23 GMT
>> Mike wrote:
> Were there any other errors leading up to this?  For example, when you
> move your index after it's built, is this actually a copy (and maybe
> the disk filled up when copying)?  Or a previous [initial] exception
> when building the index?
>
> Are you really sure only one writer is building the index at once?
>
> Also is this easily reproduced?

Hi Mike,

Yes I am sure only one writer at a time accessing index.

no i am not getting any other exception.

and there is no problem of disk space also.

right now i have backcopy of indexes so whenever one index got corrupted i m
replacing with backup one and starting the indexer again from that duration.

Here is the script which i am using to move index after its built.

- rm -rf backupindex/*
- mv index backupindex;
- mv newindex index;
- mkdir newindex
- cp -dpR index/* newindex/
- touch index.done
- echo "done";

where "newindex" is the index which I am using for indexing...."index" which
i am using for search purpose....and "backupindex" contains previous index.

Is there any way through which  I can check if index is corrupt or
not....right now because of this exception (read past EOF ) i made few
changes in my code to check for corrupt index. But i am checking for corrupt
index through optimizing...If in optimization of index i m getting
IOException I am considering that index got corrupted or there is permission
issue..

Thanks.
Bhavin