lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dejan Nenov" <dejanne...@jollyobject.com>
Subject RE: Sorting based on a selling rate
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:16:08 GMT
(excuse the semi-appropriate forum to make this comment in - but it is very
brief and may actually help improve the final Lucene-based app)

You may also like to import popularity data from Amazon using their open
APIs and mix the relevancy between your own popularity score and theirs.

Dejan (affiliated with safaribooksonline)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Pailet [mailto:9i7svel2zr6uujn@jetable.org]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 1:10 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Sorting based on a selling rate

I want to implement a specific search based on a selling rate.

Let me explain this:

I have a book collection in my store.
I index my books like that:

- One Lucene Document by book
- Two Lucene Fields in the document
	- TITLE OF THE BOOK
	- KEYWORDS OF THE BOOK

The keyword field is a BOOSTED field (* 1000)

This is working fine :-)

Now, I would like to search and sort my books according to the selling rate
of the

book.
Exemple:

If the user search for: "Java", the first books that lucene will return must
be the

best sellers books based on this specific search: "Java"

If the user search for "Java and .net", the first books that lucene will
return must

bze the best sellers books based on this specific search: "Java and .net"

For each query, I have a programm that records the product selling rate
based on the

specifiq query.

For exemple:

Query: "Java" -> [ProductId:123, rate: 23%], [ProductId:222, rate: 15%],

[ProductId:567, rate: 7%]...

Query: "Java and .net" -> [ProductId:99, rate: 45%], [ProductId:194, rate:
30%],

[ProductId:93, rate: 10%]...

How can I return books based on the selling rate (for a specific query)
Must I developp a specifiq handler after the basic Lucene search and sort it

programmatically, or is it possible to implement a mechanism at Index or
search time ?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english ;-)

John