lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pravin Shinde" <getpra...@gmail.com>
Subject Leading wildcard query
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:46:47 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to use Leading wildcard query, but I am not able to do it.
Any query with leading wildcard is failing with lexical error.

query = parser.parse( "*hi" )
JavaError: org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException:
Lexical error at line 1, column 1.  Encountered: "*" (42), after : ""

I came across some documentation in Lucene FAQ which says

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-4d62118417eaef0dcb87f4370583f809848ea695

Note: Leading wildcards (e.g. *ook) are not supported by the
QueryParser (although Lucene could handle them -- see the comment in
QueryParser.jj to enable these kind of queries -- search for "OG: to
support prefix queries:").

Is there any way I can do Leading wildchard query ?

--
Regards,
Pravin Shinde