lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jon Bon Jovi" <j0nb...@gmail.com>
Subject SpanNearQuery with support for missing words (Or?)
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 08:19:56 GMT
Hello folks !

I'm looking for a way to search for a phrase, where in I shud get a hit even
if some (N) words in the query phrase is not matching or even not inorder,
i.e. it shud match maximum to the query string. I also need to get the Spans
for the hits for highlighting.

SpanNearQuery is quite helpful with inorder set to false and for getting the
spans.  Is it possible to modify SpanNearQuery, so that it wud return the
spans of the max match string ??

---> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Query : quick brainy fox

it should give me <quick brown fox>...

We can prolly (must) have a parameter for N, the number of term mismatches
allowed. It will surely be helpful in search also...

Any thoughts ??

Regards...

Jonny !