lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about custom sort method
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:59:44 GMT
On 7/17/06, Aleksey Serba <aserba@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yonik, thank you for your suggestion, we use solr codebase already :)
> To tell the truth, first time i thought this is solr caching problem (
> i've modify SolrIndexSearcher to get lucene Searcher and search
> directly without any solr caching )
>
> I can't figure out how to use FunctionQuery - is there any wiki pages
> / examples or something?

For using it in Java code, there is the JavaDoc
http://incubator.apache.org/solr/docs/api/org/apache/solr/search/function/FunctionQuery.html

You would need to create your own ValueSource that would calculate the
distance between other ValueSources.

There is also a hack in SolrQueryParser that I never documented,
because it is a bit of a hack.  It can create FunctionQuerys for
built-in functions when it sees the magic field name _val_

So _val_:"myfield"  evaluates to the numeric value of myfield.
and you can do things like
_val_:"recip(rord(mydatefield),1000,1000,1)" to boost more recent
documents by a date field.

-Yonik