lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Part of Index (spezial Field) into Memory
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:48:10 GMT
On 7/17/06, neils <neils@gmx.net> wrote:
> 1. With ID, Name
> 2. With ID, Forename, Street, Phonenumber
>
> When i perform query with parallelreader how do lucene gets the concurrent
> documents which results of both indices? Do i have to specifie somewhere
> that the "ID"field is the relation???

It's complicated :-) that's why I suggested going with a normal index
first.  ParallelReader is "expert" usage IMO, and you have to
understand more of the Lucene internal workings to get it right.

You don't need "ID" in each index... and Lucene doesn't do any relational stuff.
To use ParallelReader, you need to make sure that the *internal*
lucene docids match up between the two indicies.  You do that by doing
adds and deletes in the same exact order on both indicies, or by
completely reindixing one of them while walking through the other in
docid order.

-Yonik