lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Part of Index (spezial Field) into Memory
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:34:21 GMT
First, unless you know that the Name field being on disk is a
bottleneck, start simple.  Put everything in a single index.

If you really need the "Name" part to be entirely in memory, then
create two indicies, one with all of your fields except Name and
another with Name only.  Then load the Name index into a RAMDirectory,
and create a ParallelReader over the two different indicies.

-Yonik