lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Beady Geraghty" <beadygerag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: file format of index
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:00:35 GMT
I think that I may be misreading the documentation.
I didn't see the description of the Long and Int type under the "Primitive
Types" section, while reading about the description of Byte, UInt32, Uint64,
VInt. So, for some reason I thought that Long and Int are byte
order sensitive.

Upon re-reading the document,  I see that
"All other data types are defined as sequences of bytes, so file formats are
byte-order independent. "    I think that I should be fine.

Sorry for posting before reading more carefully.