lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Sort Cache
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:33:26 GMT
I am going to be working with a medium index of 200k to 1m documents.
Occasionaly, there will be single document corrections applied to this
index. I am worried about this action clearing my sort buffers. I saw the
method of priming another searcher, but if you have a bunch of fields that
may be sorted that could take longer than I want (I am trying to get as
close to realtime as possible). Would it make any sense in trying to save
the sort cache, insert the new doc in that (whatever that entails, I don't
know), and then pass the sort cache to a new searcher? Or something along
those lines...?

Does that sound completely crazy or do you have a much better way for me to
try? Or mabye I am worrying about nothing at all...

Thanks for comment,

Mark