lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying the standard analyzer
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:20:42 GMT
I have added support for sent/para prox search by modifying the notspan
query. In doing so I have changed the standard analyzer javacc .jj file.
Here is my problem:

the javacc generated StandardTokenizer next() method is declared to throw a
ParseException

  final public org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() throws
ParseException, IOException {

unfortunately, org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() only throws an
IOException.

I do not understand this problem because the code seemed to work fine before
I changed the .jj file even though the StandardTokenizer next() method seems
to throw a ParseException in the original lucene code. Why does it compile
fine to begin with?

I have seen mention of this in my searching but never an answer. Right now I
am just eating the ParseException in the next() method but this is a pain
because I have to write in the code to eat it everytime I gen the javacc
files. What a pain for the next guy who has to mess with my code.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

mark