lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rafael Rossini" <rafael.ross...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing large sets of documents?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:34:19 GMT
Ok, there is a patch (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-532). This
is what I saw. But I still have a question. I guess it´s better to ask this
in the hadoop mailing list, anyway,  the hadoop project implements a DFS and
the whole MapReduce paradigm. Is it possible to do the indexing and
searching using all of that? Because the concept of a DFS and the MapReduce
is to have an app that is scalable and fast, like google. I´m sure this is
not easy at all, but it would be nice if one day this kind of stuff became a
commodity.

[]s
    Rossini