lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: queryParser and sorting question
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:46:07 GMT

1) subclass DefaultSimilarity so that tf/idf allways return either
0 or 1 (more info on this can be found in the archives).

2) sort on score, and then your specific field as a secondary sort.

Of the top of my head, that should give you what you want ... but there
may be something else about the score that you have to tweak with the
Similarity class ... Searcher.explain will help you check that you get
consistent scores in all of your potential cases.