lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <DOR...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Scoring a document (count?)
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 05:05:26 GMT
Doron Cohen/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL wrote on 28/07/2006 00:18:47:
> For the scoring approach - I don't see an easy way to get the
> counts from the score of the results, although the TF (term
> frequency in candidate docs) is known+used during document
> scoring, and although it seems that the application can be
> arranged such that TF of search result documents would be the
> required count.

Thinking more about this, it is possible, though not very simple and so
clean. - You would need to write your own variation of TermQuery class,
something like TfTermQuery, with its own variations of Weight and Scorer
classes. This scorer can assign the raw term frequencies as the score
(disabling the scoring part that takes into account IDF and
normalization...). You can then query with your own HitCollector to collect
the raw scores. I think this would compute what you were asking for...

- Doron