lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Query using parenthesis
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:30:06 GMT

On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:28 AM, WATHELET Thomas wrote:
> I have an index with this field:
> stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<docnumber:SEC(2006) 0350>.
> I'm using LukeAll to query myIndex and when I try to search in the
> docnumber field with this query COM\(2005\) 0123 in the query detail
> panel I retrive this: docnumber:sec ()
> Do you know LukeAll?

Yes, I know Luke well.  LukeAll refers to the name of the JAR file,
but Luke itself is the name of the tool.  A wonderful tool, indeed!

What analyzer are you using with the search screen?   What analyzer
did you use when you built your index?   Have a look at the document
details in Luke and look at the "tokenized" data for the docnumber
field.  These are the "terms" you can use to find that document, but
you tokenized it so it is likely split into several pieces.  Do you
really want to tokenize your docnumber field?  This is a usability
question - "it depends" is all I can say at this point :)

	Erik