lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alessio Pace" <alessio.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unit testing: Hits not implementing an interface and being final
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:38:36 GMT
Hi,
thanks Erick for the answer.

The problem is that I am using Lucene through the Hibernate support, to map
trasparently Java domain entities to a file system Lucene index (no support
for a RAM Index at the moment, as far as I saw).

So some of my unit tests (which collaborate at some level with Lucene
functionalities) are a little slow because they all write to disk (and the
index is destroyed and recreated in each test class, to be self contained).

But anyway, they require me to set up an index, populate it, make a search
on it, just to have a bunch of Hits, even when what I have to test is not
integration with the inner content of the Hits object (I don't care if it is
"real" or a wrong search result, I just need it, so I wanted to subclass or
mock it).

And yes, I do value as well integration testing, but sometimes I prefer to
do just unit testing, so that I can easily detect how far from the bug I am
:-)

Thanks again, regards,

--
Alessio Pace.