lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sarvadnya Mutalik" <sarvadnya.muta...@renaissance-it.com>
Subject RE: Problem : Searching with Lucene 2.0
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 06:27:14 GMT
I'm using the indexing technique as illustrated in the example provided
by Lucene 2.0. (as in demo ==> IndexFiles.java)
The Indexing the method  is as bellow....

  static void indexDocs(IndexWriter writer, File file) throws
IOException {

    // do not try to index files that cannot be read
    if (file.canRead()) {
      if (file.isDirectory()) {
        String[] files = file.list();
        // an IO error could occur
        if (files != null) {
          for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {
            indexDocs(writer, new File(file, files[i]));  //Recursive
call (calling the same method)
          }
        }
      }

      else {
        System.out.println("adding " + file);
        try {
          writer.addDocument(FileDocument.Document(file)); //writer is
the object of
        }
        // at least on windows, some temporary files raise this
exception with an "access denied" message
        // checking if the file can be read doesn't help
        catch (FileNotFoundException fnfe) {
	//To be filled
        }
      }