lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sarvadnya Mutalik" <sarvadnya.muta...@renaissance-it.com>
Subject RE: Apache Lucene 2.0
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:39:21 GMT
Thanks Erik, I'm trying to run the example given along with Lucene 2.0,
but its giving error.
I tried debuging it, but unnable to find the solution.

The error message it gives is as follows..

Error compiling file:
D:\projects\server\web\tomcat\work\_\localhost\rChive\Lucene\/results_js
p.j-ava
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

D:\projects\server\web\tomcat\work\_\localhost\rChive\Lucene\results_jsp
.ja-va:167:
parse(java.lang.String) in org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser
cannot be applied to
(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer)
                        query = QueryParser.parse(queryString,
"contents", analyzer);
                                           ^
Note:
D:\projects\server\web\tomcat\work\_\localhost\rChive\Lucene\results_jsp
.ja-va
uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note:
D:\projects\server\web\tomcat\work\_\localhost\rChive\Lucene\results_jsp
.ja-va
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
1 error

Here, point to be noted is that, the method "parse" in QueryParser.java
is not static and also its signature is "parse(String query)" and not
"parse(queryString, "contents", analyzer)".

I'm not getting what's happening. Need your help.

Regards
Sam