lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Wei Ho" <cwho.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Reducing the boost for a particular Term
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:32:52 GMT
I have a index from which I have a number of documents from authors,
but would like to drop the relevance/score for documents from one
particular author using the query. That is for documents returned by
querying: (content:"miracle cure"), I would like to reduce the
relevancy of authorid:3024

However I tried several combinations and they didnt work the way I
expected, e.g.

+(content:"miracle cure") (authorid:3024^0.5)
=> increases authorid:3024 score instead

+(content:"miracle cure") +(authorid:3024^0.5 ((-authorid:3024))^10.0)
=> The boosted optional prohibited term seems to have no effect

+(content:"miracle cure") (-authorid:3024^0.5)
=> Again, the boosted optional prohibited term seems to have no effect

Also this approach appears to add a small modifier to the overall
relevancy returned by +(content:"miracle cure"). Is there a better way
to do a multiplicative modification - so that for example the score as
returned by +(content:"miracle cure") is reduced to 0.6 of its value
if the authorid is 3024.