lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Mashtakov" <amashta...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene and database
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:49:25 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a solution/best practices concerning Lucene and SQL database
integration.
The database (MySQL) is already developed and contains data. I've tried
MySQL full-text
search, but it's quite slow and doesn't have the possibility to intergate
custom analyzers.
Phrase search is perfomed only in boolean mode and doesn't return relevance
factor :(

The idea is to manage full-text indexes (titles, keywords, summaries) and
perform search
using Lucene. The resultset will include ID's that will be appended to SQL
query in order
to apply additional filters based on foreign keys (categories mappings,
etc).

But, the database is going to be big enough, and the list of IDs returned by
Lucene too. This
may cause high memory usage and slow sql query speed (for instance 1000 IDs
in "IN (id1, id2 ...)"
sql filter)

Any ideas, suggestions ?

--