lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Turland" <tobias...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and database
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:57:23 GMT
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're using Lucene to store IDs and
index the columns that would normally be full-text indices in MySQL, then
use the IDs to retrieve the information from the database. This is more of a
MySQL issue than a Lucene issue, but it suggests a flaw in your approach:
why not simply store all the data you want to retrieve in Lucene? If the
data in your database changes, you would have to rebuild your Lucene index
anyway. My $0.02.