lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From neils <ne...@gmx.net>
Subject Sorting
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:43:04 GMT

Hi,

Lucene sort hits by relevance as default. Cause i would like to sort them by
a special string field and not by relevance i was thinking about dropping
the sorting by relevance as default and implement sorting by alphabetic
order.

Reason that sorting by alpabetic order takes a lot of time. Makes this sense
and how can this be done? Or is there another "fast" way to sort by
alphabetic order ?

Currently I'm using lucene 1.9.1 (dotnet). The indexsize is currently about
2 GB and index is split in two parts and are accessed by a parallelreader.

Hopefully you can give me a tip if there is a way :-))

Thanks a lot :-)