lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From gloria_white <whitglo...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way to Add items to Index in Real Time
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 21:21:29 GMT

We have a Lucene index of a small size(about 150k items) that requires
additions/deletions several times in a day. We could add or delete 3 to 4k
documents everytime we perform these operations.
While we perform this operation, we still need to be 'online' and available
for searching. And if we perform these operations while search is going on,
we get conflict errors, causing either the indexing process or the search
operation to fail.
What is the best way to handle this scenario so that while we can add/delete
documents from index in real time and also allow search to take place?

thanks a lot!

Gloria