lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Filters or BooleanQuery
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:31:56 GMT
This is more of a design question.  I have a ton of email that is
indexed.  I need to search based on a date range so I use a RangeQuery
added to a BooleanQuery to search.  This works.  Now I need to include
another clause that will narrow the result even more.  AND on top of
that I will need some security applied to the search that will not show
email to those that it does not belong to.

I could easily go through and add query's but I have a feeling I should
use a filter somewhere.  What are the best practices when deciding what
to do?

Thanks,
Michael