lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Re: PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper use? Analyzer's not being used as expected....
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:35:29 GMT
This look better?

        // Check to see if index exists.
        // If it doesn't, then set createIndex boolean to true
        boolean createIndex = false;
        if (!IndexReader.indexExists(indexDir)) {
            createIndex = true;
        }

        // let's set up the index writer
        wr = new IndexWriter(indexDir, aWrapper, createIndex);
        wr.setUseCompoundFile(false);

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>I think you can reuse them.  Fields should he handled/analyzed sequentially.  I reuse
them for some stuff on Simpy.com.

>But you may want to clean up that try/catch.  Instead of catching the IOException, you
may want to use !IndexReader.indexExists(...) in place of that boolean param to IndexWriter
ctor.