lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper use? Analyzer's not being used as expected....
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:49:30 GMT
So I have the following code...

// let's get our SynonymAnalyzer
SynonymAnalyzer synAnalyzer = getSynonymAnalyzer();
// let's get our EmailAnalyzer
EmailAnalyzer emailAnalyzer = getEmailAnalyzer();

// set up perfieldanalyzer
PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper aWrapper = new PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper(new
StandardAnalyzer());
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("subject", synAnalyzer);
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("content", synAnalyzer);
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("from", emailAnalyzer);
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("to", emailAnalyzer);
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("cc", emailAnalyzer);
aWrapper.addAnalyzer("bcc", emailAnalyzer);

// create the writer
try {
    wr = new IndexWriter(indexDir, aWrapper, false);
    wr.setUseCompoundFile(false);
} catch (IOException iox) {
    // means it ain't there
    wr = new IndexWriter(indexDir, aWrapper, true);
    wr.setUseCompoundFile(false);
}

-----

When I add a Document to the IndexWriter it does not seem to use the
analyzer's I want it too.  Just uses StandardAnalyzer for everythign!
Is this the correct way to use PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper?

Thanks,
Michael

P.S.  I am using Lucene 2 libs.