lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Re: EMAIL ADDRESS: Tokenize (i.e. an EmailAnalyzer)
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:51:59 GMT
Hasan Diwan wrote:

> Michael:
>
> On 7/28/06, Michael J. Prichard <michael_prichard@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Howdy....not sure if anyone else wants this but here is my first attempt
>> at writing an analyzer for an email address...modifications, updates,
>> fixes welcome.
>

> Why reinvent the wheel? See
> http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/javax/mail/internet/InternetAddress.html#parse(java.lang.String)

> and use as:
>
> InternetAddress valid = InternetAddress.parse(string)[0]; // far
> simpler than rewriting it

i dont see where i can break an email address into simpler pieces for
tokens.  i use javamail when parsing the message and then pulling the
email using InternetAddress.  I don't see where I can break an email
address like john@foo.com into "john@foo.com", "john", "foo.com", "foo"
and "com" without splitting it.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Michael