lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <>
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:29:31 GMT
I built an indexer that runs through email and its attachments, rips out
content and what not and then creates a Document and adds it to an
index.  It works w/ no problem.  The issue is that it takes around 3-5
seconds per email and I have seen up to 10-15 seconds for email w/
attachments.  I need to index 750k emails and at those times it will
take FOREVER!  I am trying to find places to cut a second or two here or
there but are there any suggestions as to what I can do?  Should I look
into parallelizing indexing?  Help?!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message