lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Supriya Kumar Shyamal <supriya.shya...@artnology.com>
Subject FileNotFoundException: occurs during the optimization of index
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:18:04 GMT
I have common index which is shared by 6 application server through nfs.
I use only one instance to maintain the index. other instances shares
the index with readpnly nfs share so that I make sure the search
instances does not corrupt the index. I do the index optimization
everyday at 6:00 at that time I get the FileNotFoundException from the
search log of the other instances.

I can imagine the problem like when the optimzation happens on the index
at the same time some IndexSearcher is object is created for the search
but before search is invoked the IndexWriter optimized the file so the
segment list there on the IndexSearcher object is not there.

Can anybody suggest how to avoid this problem and concurrently access in
the index accroos the network at the same time maintaining the index.

Thanks,
supriya

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Supriya Kumar Shyamal

Software Developer
tel +49 (30) 443 50 99 -22
fax +49 (30) 443 50 99 -99
email supriya.shyamal@artnology.com
___________________________
artnology GmbH
Milastr. 4
10437 Berlin
___________________________

http://www.artnology.com

 News / Aktuelle Projekte:
 * artnology gewinnt Ausschreibung des Bundesministeriums des Innern:
   Softwarelösung für die Verwaltung der Sammlung zeitgenössischer
   Kunstwerke zur kulturellen Repräsentation des Bundes.

 Projektreferenzen:
 * Globaler eShop und Corporate-Site für Springer: www.springeronline.com
 * E-Detailing-Portal für Novartis: www.interaktiv.novartis.de
 * Service-Center-Plattform für Biogen: www.ms-life.de