lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mile Rosu <mile.r...@level7.ro>
Subject Re: Searching for a phrase which spans on 2 pages
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:09:32 GMT
Hello Erick,

I have been trying on Google Books some scenarios and apparently found a
Google bug ...
It looks like they use number 2 approach, as this query illustrates it.

http://books.google.com/books?vid=ISBN1564968316&id=14Xx2T8tmMYC&pg=PA8&lpg=PA8&dq=%2B%22the+site+is+unburdened%22&sig=QRJSkKNLm0JlbkcWe2m1-y8YYz0

The phrase returns 2 hits, but if you look at the documents, only in the
first one the phrase is visible.

Anyway, it makes possible finding something like:

http://books.google.com/books?q=%22sense+of+dissatisfaction+with+existing+elements%22&btnG=Search+Books
The returned page is the first one on which the phrase spans (but no
more highlighting).

It seems we are really close to a good solution, now looking for a way
to implementing it in terms of index structure.

Thanks again,
Mile Rosu