lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Curtin" <m...@curtin.com>
Subject Re: BooleanQuery question
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:04:29 GMT
Van Nguyen wrote:

> I just want results that have:
>
> ID: 1234 OR 2344 OR 2323
>
> LOCATION: A1
>
> LANGUAGE: ENU
>
> This query returns everything from my index.  How would I create a query
> that will only return results the must have LOCATION and LANGUAGE and
> have only those three IDs.

I think you'll need to put the three ID-based TermQuerys into a
sub-BooleanQuery instead of the top-level query.  Something like this:

BooleanQuery subquery = new BooleanQuery();
subquery.add(term1, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
subquery.add(term2, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
subquery.add(term3, BooleanClause.Occur.Should);
query.add(subquery, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

Good luck!

--MDC