lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Olenin" <VOle...@cihi.ca>
Subject Lucene-In-Action book - any details?..
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:29:57 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone, pls, advise, based on which version of Lucene the 'Lucene in
Action' book is written? I've looked at various releases
(http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/appl/apache/lucene/java/archive/), and
it seems like there was a big gap between 1.4 and 1.9 release (over a
year), with 1.4 release around end of 2004. I assume the book is based
on 1.4 then, but there must have been a great deal of rework done since
then, especially that no new versions have been released for such a long
time (again, assuming, the changes were quite big and not
incremental...). So, how outdated the book is from these prospectives:

- basics and overall architecture
- main algorithms descriptions (from which performance for different use
cases can be approximated)
- functionality
- API

Thanks a lot!