lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Field types affect search speed?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:04:03 GMT
Are you using a Hits object to iterate over the results? If so, you are
re-executing the query every 100 docs or so under the covers, and if there
are many results, this is very bad.

If this is the case, you want to use a TopDocs or HitCollector to iterate
through the entire result set.

Of course, this could be entirely irrelevant to your problem......

My experience has been that "fetching the doc" isn't a problem speed-wise,
but I have no idea whether your app is different enough from mine to matter
in this regard.

Best
Erick