lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empty fields ...
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:36:36 GMT
Ok, I'm confused again, not unusual.... To create a bitset for the following
condition

Zip IS NOT NULL

why invert the bitset?

a token containing the empty string matches documents that
> contain that token

Isn't this exactly what he wants? Or am I mis-reading this? I'm reading it
as "any document that contains a ZIP will match a token containing the empty
string"..... Or am I getting tokens and terms all mixed up?

what you want to do is create a bitset for every document that has a value