lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empty fields ...
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:41:28 GMT
You could use a filter. You'd just construct a filter with the bits on for
all docs that had that term. You could cache these to make future searchers
easier. I envision, say, caching one filter for each field and keeping them
around so you could re-use them whenever you wanted.

See ConstantScoreQuery, CachingWrapperFilter, Filter, etc.... Note, you'd
only have to construct these once and (I believe) that CachingWrapperFilter
will keep them around for you, for how long I'm unclear. I was quite
surprised by how quickly filters can be constructed.....

Hope this helps
Erick