lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: combined filesystem and web search
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:22:11 GMT
I haven't used the multisearcher personally, so I'll let others chime in.
And I know nothing about the IndexMergeTool, I've only seen the interface in
the Lucene Javadoc. And I must say the documentation isn't real helpful :(.

To add to an existing index, just instantiate the IndexWriter with the
boolean create parameter set to 'false'. There's no contention problem with
one (or more) searchers searching an index while it's being modified.
HOWEVER, your searchers won't see the data you're adding UNTIL you close and
re-open the readers/searchers.

Best
Erick