lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From SEAN MCELROY <sean.mcel...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: luceneweb example returning null hrefs
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:19:27 GMT
Thank you. The example application is now working as expected.

  Sean

Chen Wu <Chen.Wu@cbs.curtin.edu.au> wrote:
  Hi,

Please change the "url" to "path" in the result JSP file. coz the field
name that is indexed is called "path" rather than "url".

Cheers,
Chen

>>> sean.mcelroy@btinternet.com 7/28/2006 5:49 PM >>>
Hello,

I am trying to use the luceneweb application that is shipped with the
lucene installation. I have followed the installation instructions and
the luceneweb application has been successfully deployed using Tomcat
5.5.9. However all the results returned point to
http://localhost:8080/luceneweb/null. The version of lucene I am
using is 2.0.0, I have had to change the following code in results.jsp
to get the example to work

Original code
//query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, "contents", analyzer);
//parse the

//Replaced code - found this on the net
QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("contents", analyzer);
query = qp.parse(queryString);

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks.