lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From vasu shah <vasusha...@yahoo.com>
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:11:26 GMT
Hi,

  I went through the IndexModifier class. It says that - Although an instance of this class
can be used from more than one thread, you will not get the best performance. You might want
to use IndexReader and IndexWriter directly for that (but you will need to care about synchronization
yourself then).

  If I use IndexReader and IndexWriter class for inserts/updates, then I need to handle the
threading issues myself. Is there any other class (even in nightly build)  that I can use
without having to take care of synchronization.

  Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  -Vasu