lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John john <ze_barb...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE : Re: index articles with groups
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 03:38:46 GMT
Here more details because it seems that I did not give enough information :)

 I want to index my messsage board and each topic contains several posts. So my idea was to
index each post with 3 fields (ID, title, post_content)

 then I can search in each post and have a link with the title of the topic. However i got
a problem with this method.
 Imagine I have a topic named "Linux better that Windows?" which contains 10 posts. I want
to retrieve only one post from that topic if someone is searching topics which contains linux.
You know what I mean?

karl wettin <karl.wettin@gmail.com> a écrit : On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 20:49 +0200, John
john wrote:

>  article1, article2 and article3 are in the group1
>  article4 and article5 are in the group2
>
>  Then if I search for a word which is present in article1 and article
> 2, i'd like to retrieve only one result because they are in the same
> group.

This sounds very suspicious. My guts tell me you are attacking your
problem -- whatever it might be -- the wrong way.

But OK, which one of the documents would you want as a result? Any of
them? Create a HitCollector, and if the the field with the group is
already collected, ignore the current document.