lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Index-Format difference between 1.4.3 and 2.0
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:59:29 GMT
Le Mercredi 19 Juillet 2006 12:32, lude a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> thanks for answering.
>
> You wrote:
> > And about Luke, ASAIK too, is a Lucene-2 app, so it will be able to read
>
> 1.4
>
> What do you mean?
> The luke website stated:  "Current version is 0.6. It has been released on
> 16 Feb 2005."
> How can Luke be a Lucene-2 application if it was released on Feb 2005?

Yes, I should have not used the word Lucene-2 application, sorry.
BTW, about the index format described here :
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/fileformats.html
there is only concern about if Lucene >= 1.9 or if Lucene <= 1.4. As Luke was
release with a Lucene-1.9, it will work with Lucene 2.0 index beacause a
index 1.9 and an index 2.0 are the same.

Nicolas.