lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Building easy to use search guis? How to save queries...
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:44:53 GMT
Have you looked at the XML Query Parser in the "contrib" section of the SVN repository?
I have been using XSLT recently to mix dynamic content with query templates expressed as XML
and then parsed by this framework.

If you don't like the default XML syntax used the parser can be configured to support your
own choice of XML syntax and can be extended with custom QueryBuilder classes. See the Junit
tests for examples.

Cheers
Mark

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael J. Prichard <michael_prichard@mac.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 18 July, 2006 2:56:13 PM
Subject: Re: Building easy to use search guis?  How to save queries...

That is really cool.  But I am looking for something that I could save
and then recreate.  I am thinking of building an XML representation such as:

<if arg1="CONTENT" expr="EQ" arg2="aliens">
<then>
   <action type="email" >
       <to value="foo@bar.com" />
       <from value="bar@foo.com" />
       <cc value="foo@bar.com" />
       <message value="blah" />
    </action>
<then>
</if>

or something similar.  I just want to see if anyone has done something
like this before....

even up to the point of saving searches....do you just save the query?

Thanks,
Michael