lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Staveley (Tom)" <>
Subject RE: Out of memory error
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:22:50 GMT
If you are using
rg.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument), you are going to get a large String and may
need a 1G heap.

If, however, you are using
(org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument, to go via a temporary
file, you will not need so much RAM, but you need to use
#Field(java.lang.String, to construct your Lucene field
(rather than

-----Original Message-----
From: Suba Suresh []
Sent: 13 July 2006 14:55
Subject: Out of memory error

I am indexing different document formats with lucene 1.9. One of the pdf
file I am indexing is 300MG. Whenever the index writer hits that file it
stops the indexing with "Out of Memory" exception. I am using the pdf box
library to index. I have set the following merge factors in my code.

I would like any help and suggestions.

suba suresh.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: