lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dominik Bruhn <domi...@dbruhn.de>
Subject Reuse of IndexReader
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:48:40 GMT
Hy,
I got the following situation:
A Servlet runing in Tomcat5. When starting the servlet up it automatically
creates a IndexReader and stores it in a static variable. For searching this
variable is used. When adding a document to the index, I create a
IndexWriter, write the Document, and close the IndexWriter again.
This leads into a problem: The IndexReader only searches in documents which
were in the index when the Reader was created. Every Document added
afterwards is not searched in. When I restart the Servlet I can search in
those documents.

Is this a normal behaviour and how can I avoid this?

Thanks
--
Dominik Bruhn
mailto: dominik@dbruhn.de